A fire incident has been reported at Nairobi’s Riruta Primary School in Dagoretti North constituency on Monday 1 March.
The fire is said to have been caused by an electrical fault and it has burnt down seven classrooms.
Learning at the facility was interrupted and there are no reported casualties.
A storage area in the school was also affected by the fire even as members of the public raised concerns on delays by the fire department.
The School headteacher Agnes Muchiri, told reporters the 2000 students at the facility had to squeeze into other classrooms for learning to continue.
It is believed learning materials in those classrooms were consumed by the flames to ashes.
Download our app from play store and get updates everyday for FREE. Press the button below.