The revenue allocation bill that stirred numerous debates in the Senate has been signed into law by President Uhuru Kenyatta paving way for the disbursement of funds into the county government.
The Bill was presented to the president for signing by Ken Lusaka (Senate Speaker) at a ceremony attended by Justin Muturi (National Assembly Speaker) and Ukur Yatani (Treasury CS).
- Samuel Poghisio leader of the majority in the senate
- Amos Kimunya, leader of the majority in the national assembly
- Dr Joseph Kinyua, Head of Public Service
- Jeremiah Nyegenye clerk in the Senate
- Michael Sialai clerk National Assembly
- Ken Ogeto, Solicitor General
- Njee Muturi, State House Deputy Chief of Staff.
The revenue allocation bill signed allocates a sum of Kshs 369.87 billion in the current fiscal year to Counties and includes Kshs 316.5 billion of Equitable Share and Kshs 13.73 billion in Government of Kenya as Conditional Grants.
Download our app from play store and get updates everyday for FREE. Press the button below.